Frequently Asked Questions
About Seashore Academy:
What is Seashore Academy and how does it work?
- Seashore Academy is a hybrid homeschooling program. We partner with charter schools such as National University Academy (NUA) and Epic Charter School, our academy is then assigned funds by the charter schools of your choice. (Please refer to our “How it Works” page for more information regarding tuition.) Our program brings together a wide variety of charter students into one safe space to learn and create friendships.
What classes are offered at Seashore Academy?
- We keep it down to the basics and want each student to have a strong foundation in Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and History. Students have the opportunity to engage in foreign languages such as Chinese, American Sign Language and Spanish as well.
What if my child is above/below his or her grade level?
- By placing children by their ability instead of age, our program allows students to excel in their strengths and weaknesses.
What are the class sizes?
- Classes are kept 15:1 to allow teachers to concentrate on each student’s academic abilities to allow them to strengthen their skills in each subject. This also allows students and teachers to bond and create memories that last a lifetime.
What are your main charters for fall 20-21?
- For the school year of 2020-2021, we are working with National University Academy and Epic Charter School.